Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Blessed


The other evening I was making homemade iced tea and I asked Anna if she wanted to go out to our garden to get some fresh mint for us. She loves this job and happily skipped down the steps into the yard. As I watched her from the window I realized how blessed I am. All of my life I wanted to be a mother. I now have two beautiful, healthy children -a girl and a boy! I get to stand in my very own kitchen and look out on a beautiful yard that I never thought we'd have enough money to own. My daughter loves to help out and never complains (well almost never!) and almost always has a smile on her face. My healthy little guy is full of smiles and love for his family. I have a husband who works hard daily so we can live here and so we have enough money to join the beach, take ballet lessons and buy ingredients to make smores on hot summer nights. I am very, very blessed.

No comments: