Friday, February 10, 2012

Mom

My Mom's birthday will be tomorrow.  She would have been 65 years old.  It still hurts to think about her but I can smile and laugh about her too when I remember the many good times we had.  I enjoy looking at pictures of her raising Ricky and I.  I see her at the same exact stage of life I am in and wish I could talk to her about what it was like.  Did she watch the clock waiting for my dad to come home and share a cup of coffee over her frustration with a teething baby?  Did she wonder if a fever of 102 was high enough to call the doctor?  Did her heart brim with joy when stood up for the first time?  I know she did, still I like to imagine what it was like.  It would have been neat to know her back then as a peer.  








1 comment:

Michelle M. said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to your mom. It made me tear up because I remembered so many of the thoughts I had when we found out my mom has cancer. She was a beautiful lady!