Monday, June 29, 2009

1 Bedroom For 86 Dollars!






Over the last couple of months its been on my mind to complete our construction project we began two summers ago. You see when we planned our addition, it revolved around adding on a third bedroom. Our architect designed plans that would more than double Anna's room. Our contractor completed the addition two years ago (along with enlarging the kitchen, adding on a bathroom, a family room and laundry room). We said when we were ready, we'd put up a wall in Anna's room and make it two bedrooms instead of one. For the time being she had a huge bedroom. Well, for the last few months, I've been thinking about how we still have to put the wall up, and breakthrough the hallway to make a new entry door for the third bedroom. I've been dreading it though because I remember all too well the mess involved. Our plan was to complete the construction when I became pregnant however I also remember being pregnant with Anna while Ron and his dad renovated our bathroom and the smell of paint fumes was enough to throw me over the edge! So keeping all that in mind, I've been stewing over how we should just get this over with now especially since it is the summer and Ron's schedule allows us to ocassionally see him in the light of day! So rather than fretting over it any longer, Ron and I decided rather spontaneously to put the wall up today. Here are our results. And it only cost us 86 dollars to make our little 2 bedroom house, a 3 bedroom home! Oh, and the mess wasn't as bad as I expected -maybe not being nine months pregnant makes a difference in how you view things!

No comments: