Monday, June 22, 2009

First Day of Summer Vacation!




Anna and I begin our summer vacation today. I never would have believed it if someone told me I'd start the year out as teaching assistant and finish the year as lead teacher/director. It was a great experience but I'm ready for a break! I told Anna we'll be planning lots of fun activities this summer. I want Anna to see the fireworks display for the first time this year. We'll also hit Jones Beach once or twice in Long Island. There's also the Danbury Fair Carnival I want to take her too. We want to take her to the Bronx Zoo again and Ron would even like to set up our tent in the backyard and have a campout with her. I'll sit that one out! We also signed her up for the town's swimming lessons. I told her that we also have to cook from a brand new recipe at least once a week too since we have been getting in a big rut! She's at a great age now and its almost like we're two best friends hanging out together. Here are some pictures of some birthday parties she attended lately. She has been quite the social butterfly! I'm also including a picture of her on her new swing Ron made. We wanted an old fashioned swing in our backyard under the crabapple tree. It has been perfect -until the rains came. Now the rope has shrunk and Anna can't get on it by herself! Anyone know a rope we can use that won't shrink?

No comments: