Thursday, April 15, 2010

I apologize for the lack of blogs in the past year or so. With my mom's passing away I just didn't have any interest in writing about our lives here in Brewster. Its been a hard 9 months. I'm in a bereavement group at my church and they say grieving is a journey you take. There is no way around it -just through it. It does feel like a journey. I can remember the shock of it in the beginning, it was almost denial. Now it is just this constant hole in my heart, this deep feeling of loss. Sometimes I feel anger. My brother describes it best I think, he says "We've been robbed" and that is how I feel. She was taken from us much too soon. I know she's in heaven though. I'm not quite sure if she can watch over us, sometimes I wonder how she could be in heaven and be happy if she could watch over us and see the sadness and pain we hold in our hearts for her. I've had many signs though that she's in heaven. Signs that make me know without a doubt that she is in heaven and is happy. I know she is waiting for us "by the gate" as we always used to say. I miss you Mom.

No comments: