Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pool Party

Anna and I were invited to a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) pool party today at our leader's house. We had a wonderful time complete with lots of good things to eat. It was the perfect day for it, hot, and sunny. Ron had the day off so he hung out with Sawyer. She and I enjoyed good conversation and cool, refreshing water. Now she is sound asleep on the couch for the second day in a row. It's taking her a long time at night to fall asleep and then she wakes up early. Anyone else finding this with their kiddos? Maybe it's the heat or she's overtired and just can't settle down? I know when my head hits the pillow I'm out like a light!

1 comment:

Janelle Spence said...

I think it's the sun...kids seem to want to stay awake as long as the sun is 'awake'. It catches me by surprise every summer, but every summer it's the same - late to sleep and early to rise.
Our routine is completely out-of-whack. It's driving me crazy!
Structure. I need structure.