Friday, December 10, 2010

Wonderful Parent-Teacher Conference

I had the pleasure this morning of attending Anna's first parent-teacher conference. We had gotten her report card last week which was fabulous so I really wasn't worried. Her teacher is very pleased. She said the work Anna is doing is above and beyond what would typically be expected of a kindergartner in December. She said it was quite obvious the amount of time and effort we had put into teaching Anna about the letter names, sounds and how to read. She is kind and a good friend as well as a good listener. We are just so happy to hear that! Some of the testing we are seeing at home hasn't cropped up at school (Thank you God!) so Ron and I will keep working on that -Me a little harder because I can easily get myself into a power struggle with her. Many times I feel like another five year old arguing with her rather than being the Mommy! To celebrate, I took her out to McDonalds and then for a manicure. I had told her in August that if she got a good report card from her teacher, that would be her treat. It was a nice morning out. Now we're home with the stove loaded -it was only 10 degrees this morning! I'm seeing homeade peanut butter cookies with hot chocolate in my future :)

No comments: