Monday, August 1, 2011

Isn't It Too Hot?

I have several blogs that I follow mainly with the topic of raising families, keeping house and cooking. I love to eat and so I'm always interested in getting new recipe ideas. Lately, several of the bloggers have posted recipes that involve baking and turning on the oven. Now I realize that these blogs are located all over the country but still, it is summer (August) and most of the country is very, very warm if not downright hot! Here in NY we have been in the low nineties with high humidity. So while I sit at my computer with the fan aimed directly on me and trying so hard not to turn on the ac window unit I read about all of these deliciouis ideas that involve the oven. Homeade pita breads, zucchini muffins, chocolate chip scones and pizza. How on earth are you all able to do this in the thick of summer? Aren't you dying of heat? I will go out of my way not to turn on the oven during the dog days of summer. How do you all do it?

No comments: