Friday, August 5, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

So we're already into August -hard to believe and I feel like it is going faster than July. Anna finished up her swimming lessons this morning with a party at the lake. Next week she begins Camp Bedford -a weeklong Vacation Bible School that our church is hosting. We've been dropping off items each Sunday and it sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun for her. This year's theme is PandaMania. Copy and paste this link to see what it is all about: https://www.groupvbspro.com/vbs/ez/bedford/gpgs/overview.aspx I wish I could go! Ron was called into work so my dad is going to help out with dropping her off because it begins at 9:00 and with Sawyer's eating schedule, we can't get out of here by 8:30 in the morning. He's doing very well with solids -loves the green and orange vegetables that I make him and has now begun fruits. It just takes FOREVER for him to eat since I have to nurse him first. He likes to take his time.

We're also starting to do some back-to-school shopping. I got Anna a few outfits and ordered her a new pair of sneakers today. She's starting to realize what other kids are wearing and wants a little more say in what we buy. My little girl is growing up and I know my days of ponytails are numbered :(

This afternoon we're off to a park playdate with a neighbor and then I'm picking up my car from the bodyshop and I can't wait. My dad was very kind to lend me his jeep but with no air-conditioner and no radio as well as no anchors for Sawyer's carseat I'm counting the seconds to have my spacious mini-van back (and I thought I'd never say that!)

No comments: