Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Swelter...

Please don't hate me, but I have a child who has NEVER given me a problem about going to bed or staying in bed for that matter. Anna goes to bed every night at 8:00, by herself, and happily stays in there until the next morning at 8:00 when I go in to get her up. She's never once tried climbing out of the crib and although she'll call for me once in a while, she will happily stay in there until I come in to get her. The only problem, her bedtime/naptime routine are very strict. Everything has to be done in the correct order and everything (all her toys and clothes) must be in its correct place. This is usually not a problem until last week when I announced 98 degree whether did not require our usual undershirt, long sleeve pajamas, blanket sleeper and four blankets (we keep the heat down low at night here in the winter). My announcement met some serious opposition. To sweeten the change, we headed to Target to pick out some brand new, summer pjs. While I'm happy to report that she gave up the blanket sleeper argument, we still have to wear socks and four winter blankets. Last night when I went to check on her before I went to bed I could have sworn the girl snuck out of bed and poured an entire pitcher of water in the bed with her. She was sopping wet from so much sweating! She now has prickly heat rash all over her body and drinks an entire sippy cup of water the first five minutes of being awake. When I suggested this was not necessary, we had a major meltdown -no pun intended. Suggestions are welcome :)

No comments: