Sunday, March 9, 2008

Update on wrestling and an exciting night....

So this is the last day of the wrestling season. Ron called from Rochester and his athlete will be wrestling his final match later today. If he wins, he'll win third place in New York state, if he loses then he'll win 4th place. I'm sure there is a better way to put that but I have absolutely no sports experience or education for that matter. My dad always says "Poor Ronnie, he married into a family that is clueless about sports!" He's right :) So we had some excitement last night while Ron was away. After a torrential rainstorm and then high winds, a tree decided to fall at 11:00pm last night. I was awakened to firetrucks driving up the road and stopping at our neighbor's house. They were evacuated since the tree pulled down some wires. It was pretty funny to see the whole neighborhood outside in their robes and pajamas. Anna slept through the whole thing -Thank you God! I had been praying all last week that we wouldn't lose power while Ron was gone -I'm a big chicken. Anyway, somehow we managed not to lose electricty -just the people who lost the tree did. I'd like to mention that is the fourth tree in the last year that has fallen from the same line of trees. This past Spring, Anna and I were on the deck when one fell on our property and ripped the electrical wires right out of our house. That's another story though.

No comments: