Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Email from Mrs Semmens

Last night Anna's kindergarten teacher sent us the following email that I thought I'd just share with you all in case you forgot how much fun kindergarten was!

"Spring has sprung!
We have started our "characteristics of living things" unit in science. As a part of this unit we will: plant seeds; learn about what things a plant needs to grow; plant a "salad garden" in the Garden Street Garden; prepare a habitat for our class pets- newts and observe newts (they arrive mid-May). As a special addition, we expect to be able to get chicken eggs from a local farmer and place them in my incubator. Approximately 21 days from when we get the eggs, they should hatch! We observe the chicks as they grow, for about a week, then return them to the farmer.
On the years that I have been able to provide this experience for my classes, it has been fun and very memorable. If you have any concerns about this, please let me know."

I wrote her back saying that after all these years I still remember my first grade class incubating chicks. We are thrilled Anna will take part in this experience as well!

1 comment:

Janelle S said...

oh, how fun! I bet the class LOVES it.