Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not Again!

First of all I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Life has been rather busy here lately. Unfortunately on Tuesday, poor Chloe's back gave her problems again. When I got home from work she stayed in her crate and didn't want to come out -even when I tempted her with food. After about two hours she came out and was walking with her tail between her legs as well as shivering. She'd lay down very slowly and gingerly. I had a feeling it was her back but I thought maybe something else was bothering her. Then after dinner, when I went to walk her, she yelped several times when I went to pick her up. It was then that my heart sank because that's a telltale sign. We immediately crated her, started her on meds and called the vet. She's on crate rest now for the next few weeks. I must say that she seems to be doing incredibly well. Thank God she is a much better patient this time and only whines occassionally about being held prisoner. Her tail wags quite a bit too and she is walking normally when allowed to come out and go potty. I think we dodged the bullet this time.

No comments: